August 14, 2013

Homemade Red Lobster Biscuits


Holy heaven! The Lord is worthy! One of my favorite American delicacies are biscuits. In Australia, they call "crackers" biscuits and biscuits "scones"? Either way, they're not the same in any way, shape or form. When I found this recipe for Red Lobsters Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipe, I knew I had to try it. Best part is this recipe doesn't even require Bisquick! I'm not a marvelous cook by any means, and that's exactly why I never blog recipes or meals because they usually tend to be microwavable and on thrift store plates. But I couldn't resist these. I know my fellow American college students will appreciate this one.

ENJOY!

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins (or less)
Portion size: 12 biscuits

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small cubes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk, ice cold
Topping:
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
rounded 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Instructions:


  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Add the butter and cheese then toss until coated with flour.
  • Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined - don't overmix. Drop by 1/4 cup fulls onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
  • Bake 14 - 16 minutes until golden around the edges. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter with parsley and garlic salt.
  • Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush butter generously over the tops while hot. Best served warm.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment