August 10, 2012

Table Numbers

Hello lovelies!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Friday! I'm babysitting the adorable Mia Preston while her mum and sister are at the beach (lucky) and her daddy is at the Lamon Luther shop working' hard. So while she's in bed taking her nap I figured I'd use this time to share what I'm planning on doing as table numbers. I originally saw this idea on... wait for it... PINTEREST! There really is no right or wrong way to go about doing it. As long as it matches the colors in the reception, you're dandy. 

Side note: I apologize for the bad picture quality... Micah's not here to document so I'm using my iPhone camera.

Supplies:
-Acrylic paint (I would recommend using Folk Art brand. It goes on thicker and takes one        coat which means less time painting)
-A paint brush
-Yarn, string, paper flowers or whatever you choose to decorate with.
-Cardboard numbers from Hobby Lobby
-A few paper towels and a cup of paint water.
 *Make sure to get the price sticker off REALLY good. They're hard to get off but they look crappy if you leave 'em on.
Set up your painting station BEFORE you start!

Paint on 1-2 coats of paint on each number. When you're done, let them dry for about 10-15 mins.

 Now you're ready to decorate!!! Here's my finished yarn product...





NAP TIME!
...these are the lovely words of pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment