January 07, 2013

Sun + Sanity


Image Credit:
Top//America

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7

Yes, I admit it. I'm a tad homesick. It's seriously hasn't even been a whole week yet! I think it's more of the small things though. I miss the food and how you can get a meal for $5 in America instead of spending $20 here. Or maybe I miss my job and how easy it was to support ourselves. I definitely miss my bed because ours feels like you're laying on a bare fence. Or maybe it's the simple fact of I'm a little scared. Scared of why God has me here. It's easy to think you have it figured out when you're months away from it, but now being here has made me anxious and, well, yeah... scared. Everything here is so slightly different. Different enough for me to miss home. 

but

I know God has me here for a substantial purpose. He has me here for reasons I can't comprehend. He has me here to become a better wife, a better manager of money, and a better daughter to my Father. I'm so thankful to have been so blessed. Cass said it perfectly on Sunday: "We wait around for "that" amount of money to come through or "this person" to gain healing so we can thank God for His blessing... Well I'm here to tell you that you've already been blessed." 

Pray for me as we start our life here and pray for Micah as he continues to find work.

Much love from down under :)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment